- Stephanie L. Curley, Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
- Luis Fernando Macias, California State University, Fresno
- Jeong-eun Rhee, Long Island University Post, New York
- Binaya Subedi, The Ohio State University
- Sharon Subreenduth, University of Massachusetts, Lowell
- Sandra Spickard Prettyman
The Educational Studies Editorial Team email is email@example.com
- Syeda Mazhar, Long Island University Post, New York
- Emily Mullaney, University of Massachusetts, Lowell
- Sadiyah Tariq, Long Island University Post, New York
Aims and Scope
Educational Studies, as the official journal of the American Educational Studies Association (AESA), invites submissions relevant to AESA and the disciplines of social and educational foundations. AESA was established in 1968 as an international learned society for scholars, researchers, teacher educators, students, teachers, and administrators who are interested in social and educational foundations, both in and outside of schools. The organization has attracted scholars who engage within the disciplines of anthropology, economics, history, philosophy, politics, and sociology of education, as well as race/ethnic, gender, queer, cultural, comparative, and transnational studies. Educational Studies provides a cross-disciplinary forum for the exchange and debate of ideas generated from the above-mentioned fields of study. In addition to research articles, the journal invites submissions of reviews of books, films/documentaries, arts, and new media; essays dealing with pedagogical issues in social and educational foundations courses; and other creative works relevant to social and educational foundations scholarship.
Submit online at: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/heds
Updated instructions for authors and full submission details are also online at both http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/heds20/current#.VFuWWfl_uSo and http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/heds
Submissions are open and not subject to a deadline, unless for a Special Issue.
During the online submission process, authors must confirm that: (1) the manuscript has been submitted solely to this journal, has not been published before, or is not in-press elsewhere; (2) all the research meets ethical guidelines (e.g., Institutional Review Board, where applicable; and adherence to legal requirements of the study country); (3) the authors have prepared (a) a complete text and (b) a blinded text (e.g., the complete text minus the title page, acknowledgements, and any running headers of author names, to allow blinded review).
Suggested length limits per type of submission:
- Articles and review essays: 6000-8000 words
- Book reviews: 2000-3000 words
- Multimedia: 1-5 pages (8.5 x 11 inches) or up to 5000 words
- Essays and commentaries: 2000-5000 words
- Creative: 1-3 pages (8/5 x 11 inches) or up to 2000 words
All article and review essay submissions must include an abstract of 100-300 words and 3-5 keywords on the first page of the manuscript in addition to entering those items when required by the online submission system.
All submissions should follow APA, 6th edition. Documents must be in .doc or .docx format only. Please do not upload PDF files. The Taylor & Francis guidelines for APA and a link to the official APA manual are available at http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/authors/style/reference/tf_APA.pdf.
Submissions undergo screening for adherence to formatting and guidelines, as well as internal editorial and external blind review. The editorial team relies heavily on external reviews. Ultimately, acceptance for publication is the decision of the editorial team.
Read Educational Studies Online
As a member of American Educational Studies Association you are eligible to access Educational Studies online. Upon joining or renewing your membership, you should receive an email from the publisher of the journal, Taylor & Francis, with instructions for journal access and with your subscription activation code. The email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you receive the email from Taylor & Francis:
- If you ALREADY HAVE a tandfonline.com account, please click the activation code link from the email and sign in to claim your access. That link contains a one-time activation code which will add access to Educational Studies to your account.
- If you DO NOT ALREADY HAVE a tandfonline.com account, then:
- Please go to http://www.tandfonline.com and click "Register" in the upper right hand corner. Enter your name, country, and a valid email address, and choose a password to access your account. When finished entering your account information click Register. Then, check your email. A message from email@example.com should appear within 30 minutes. Please check your Spam folder if you do not see it in your Inbox. Click the link in the message to activate your account.
- Return to the email from firstname.lastname@example.org that contains your subscription activation code link, and click that link. That link contains a one-time activation code which will add access to Educational Studies to your account.
Once you have claimed access, you will be able to access journal content from any computer any time by clicking on the following link and entering your email address and password.
This link will take you directly to journal content:
If you have any difficulty, please contact email@example.com and identify yourself as an American Educational Studies Association member.